Slim Thighs and legs are an essential part of a bikini body. Having flat abs and thick legs don’t quite cut it, does it? Are you looking for how to get lean legs? We have exercises to slim thighs and legs to give you that chiseled look. If you stick to these skinny legs workouts, you will lose thigh fat fast. That way, you can rock your little black dresses you have not been confident to wear.
Like any weight loss regimen, it is important that you watch what food you eat. Your general lifestyle too will have to change. You don’t want to keep accumulating calories and expect to get results. Now let us get down to our exercises to slim thighs and legs. You can pick some of these workouts or do them all as you deem fit.
1. CHAIR SQUAT This variant of squat will help you strengthen and tone the muscles of your entire leg. Depending on how fit you are you will start to feel the heat in your thighs and calves. That is when you know it is working. This exercise to slim thighs and legs is easy as you just have to pretend to be sitting on a chair. You can use a chair to help you make sure you are getting it right.
Here is how to do it: Get in a sitting position with your spine straight. If you are using a chair, raise your butt off the seat and maintain that position. Lean forward a bit at your hips and raise your arms up in the sky. Maintain this pose for 10 seconds. If you want to get aggressive with this workout, count 5 seconds after your legs start to hurt. You will do 3 sets of this.
2. LUNGES You will rarely come across a collection of exercises to slim thighs and legs that do not include this one or a variation of it. That shows how effective it is to help you slim down bulky legs.
Here is how to do it: Stand tall with your back straight and legs hip-width apart. Put your hands on your waist. With your right foot, step forward and slowly bend both your knees. Stay in this position for a bit with your left knee almost touching the ground. Go back to the starting position to complete one rep. Do 15 reps for each leg. You are required to do 4 sets of this routine.
3. PLIE SQUAT + CALF RAISES This is a variation of the popular squat. This exercise to slim thighs and legs will tone your thigh muscles for a slim muscular thigh. The calf raise will work your calf muscles to tone it out.
Here is how to do it: Stand straight with your legs wide apart. Your toes should be pointing outward. You can put your hands on your waist or in front of you. If you lie, you could spread them out to your sides for balance. Slowly go down into the squat position with your thighs parallel to the floor. While in this position, raise your heels like you are tiptoeing. Maintain this stance for about two seconds.
Slowly return your heels to the ground to complete one rep. You will do 10 reps of this for 3 sets.
4. INNER THIGH OPENER This exercise to slim Thighs and legs require you to lie down. So, get your yoga mat and pants out for this one. This exercise looks relaxing but rest assured it is an effective skinny legs workout.
Here is how to do it: Lie on your back, bend your knees while keeping your feet flat on the floor. With your thighs close together, stretch out your right leg with the sole of your feet to the ceiling. Slowly move your right leg toward your right side. Lower it as far as you can without moving any other part of your body. This motion should be similar to a car wiper. Return your outstretched leg to the starting position to complete one rep. You will do 15 reps of this for each leg. You will also do a total of 4 sets.
5. PLIE FOR THIGH FAT This exercise to slim legs and thighs is similar to the squat. You can also do this workout to get skinny legs and thighs from the comfort of your home. It works the muscles of your thighs and calf and also flexes your hip bones.
Here is how to do it: Stand tall with your back straight. Keep your legs wide open with toes pointing diagonally away from you. Stretch your hands and keep them in front of you. Now, lower yourself into a squat position. Go as low as you can till your thighs are parallel to the floor. Be sure that your knees do not protrude beyond your toes. Rise slowly to the starting position to complete one rep. Do 15 reps of this exercise to make a set. Repeat for 3 sets. On the last rep, maintain the squat position for 10 to 15 seconds before returning to the starting point.
6. CURTSY LUNGES Here is another variant of the lunge. It reverses the movement by making you lunge to the back instead of forward. This exercise to slim legs and thighs has proven quite effective.
Here is how to do it: Stand straight and keep your feet as wide as your hips. With your right leg, lunge diagonally backward behind your left leg and lower yourself till your knee touches the ground. Return to the starting position and then you would have completed the rep. Do 10 to 15 reps of this and switch to the other leg. You will do 4 sets in total. Read: 11 Chest Exercises to Tone and Lift Sagging Breasts
7. ONE LEG BRIDGE The Bridge exercise is known to be great for working the core and abs muscles. This variation of it extends its effectiveness to the muscles of the legs to tone them. This is why this is one of our recommended exercises to slim thighs and legs.
Here is how to do it: Lie on your mat with your back flat on the floor. With your arms on the floor beside you Bend your knees and plant your feet flat on the ground. With your thighs touching, stretch out your right foot. Now raise your butt off the floor with your back still firmly grounded.
Now raise your butt off the floor with your back still firmly grounded. Slowly lower yourself back to the floor. This completes one rep. You will do 15 reps of this exercise with each leg raised. A total of 4 sets is necessary so that each leg gets two sets apiece.
8. SIDE LUNGE KICK This is a variant of the lunge that involves some movement of your arms too. As you know, the lunge is an effective exercise to slim legs and thighs. The extra movements involved in this exercise can also be seen as some form of cardio. This exercise to slim legs and thighs target your abs, hamstrings, quads, obliques, etc.
Here is how to do it: Stand with feet set apart as wide as your hips with your arms on your side. Raise your right knee and lunge it to your side as far as you can. In the same movement, touch the floor in front of your outstretched right leg with your left palm. Raise yourself back up. But instead of going into the starting position, bend your right leg behind your left and touch it. This completes one rep. You will do 15 of this for a set and you will repeat 4 sets. 2 sets for each leg.
9. SIDE LEG RAISES This is another exercise to slim legs and thighs that require you to lie down. This workout targets your core and flexes your hips. Your thigh and calf muscles too will benefit from this. This is one skinny legs workout you will find easy to do.
Here is how to do it: Lie on your side while you prop yourself up with your elbow. Put the other palm on the floor and make sure your legs are stretched out straight. Now lift the leg on top toward the ceiling in a deliberate and slow movement. Be sure that the movement is limited to just your leg without involving your back. Lower the leg back to the starting position to complete a rep. Do 15 reps for one leg before switching sides. Do 4 sets in total.
10. HIGH TOE TAPS This is a good exercise to slim thighs and legs. You would also get some cardio done because of how fast you will be doing this routine.
Here is how to do it: Stand in front of a chair or any other object that is about the height of your knees. Place your hands on your side while keeping your back straight. Raise your right leg and touch the object in front of you with your toe. In quick succession, you will alternate between your right and left toe taking turns to touch the object. Keep this up for one minute to complete a set. You will do 3 sets of this exercise to slim thighs and legs.
11. INNER AND OUTER THIGH STRETCH From the name of this exercise to slim thighs and legs, you can guess which sets of muscles it targets. You will need a chair or something you can slightly lean on for balance. This exercise in itself does not require much but it is certainly effective. Here is how to do it: Stand with your back straight and your feet firmly planted on the ground. Slightly lean on the backrest of a chair or whatever you choose to lean on.
Now raise your heels off the ground shifting your weight on the ball of your feet. Raise your right leg off the ground and push it out in front of you enough not to collide with your left leg. Swing it to your left, a little farther than your left leg. With that momentum swing it all out to your right. Be sure that you are using your muscles to cause the movement and not just dangling it. Bring your leg back to the starting position to complete the rep. You will do 15 reps of this for each leg. A total of 4 sets will do great for quick effect.
Conclusion There you have it. 11 exercises to slim thighs and legs that you can do even in your home. If you want to get those sexy legs you crave for, you will have to commit to these workouts. Enjoy yourself while at it and enjoy your body afterward.